Joint Legislative Transportation Task Force Meeting
November 08 • 8:00 AM • KSU Innovation Campus - Multipurpose room • Olathe, KS 66061
KSU Innovation Campus - Multipurpose room
22201 W. Innovation Dr.
Olathe, KS 66061
Get Directions »
Time: 08:00 AM
The 2018 Legislature established the Joint Legislative Transportation Vision Task Force to help determine the state-wide strategic plan for the Kansas Department of Transportation funding priorities for the next several years. In order to ensure that Southeast Kansas receives the critical funding needed to complete projects that were not completed in the previous T-Works program, and priorities identified by the US 169 Corridor Coalition, we need everyone to attend this key meeting in Johnson County on Thursday, November 8 , at the KSU Mulitpurpose Room in Olathe, KS. The meeting start time is pending.
This meeting will be an opportunity to identify projects that need funded in this budget cycle and beyond. If you have been impacted by the highway conditions in the State of Kansas, then you need to attend this meeting.
The US 169 Corridor Coalition has established six (6) key priorities for funding from KDOT over the next few years. These priorities set the groundwork for future expansion opportunities for US-169, and will help the corridor become a primary transportation and freight corridor, which makes the highway eligible for greater federal funding programs.
Please join us in supporting the following priorities for US 169:
- Build out the shoulders on U.S. 169 between Welda and Garnett;
- An overpass at U.S. 160 and 169;
- Safety improvements/overpass at K-47 and U.S. 169 interchange;
- Implement acquisition planning to purchase rights-of-way sufficient for passing lanes and the eventual 4-lane expansion of U.S. 169 from Kansas City to Tulsa including space for rest areas and turnouts for traffic stops and commercial vehicle inspections with each project;
- Efficient traffic flow on U.S. 169 through Thayer and Coffeyville; and
- Resurfacing of U.S. 169 in northern Allen County.
To submit written support of this project, please review the rules for submission, and submit testimony no later than Monday, October 29, 2018.
Here is a sample Resolution of Support for the US 169 Corridor Coalition 6 Key Priorities:
For more information on the mission of the Joint Legislative Transportation Vision Task Force, click here.